Three Teams Per Class
Here at RMK9 we offer small intimate classes where you and your dog can
receive a quality education signature to your needs.
We have attended and held large group classes and all our clients and fellow participants tell us how much more affective training a dog can be when the classes are small!
Class Time is 1.5 Hours
- 5 Weeks
- This class is tailored to starting therapy dogs and well behaved home/community companions.
- We will teach you and with your dog the following: Sit, Down, Stay, Recall, Leave It, Watch Me and Place
- We will also include the start of loose leash walking.
- Good leash skills are an art and we encourage you to start in our basic obedience class and then move to the concentrated leash class to master loose leash walking.
Loose Leash Walking
the Art of No Pulling
Class Time is 1 Hour
- 4 Weeks
- It is quite frustrating and unsafe to walk a dog that pulls your shoulder out or trips other pedestrians by pretending to be a floor kite as you go down the sidewalk. It’s not fun at all when your dog lunges for each passing dog, bicycle, child or shrub.
- At Rancho Mondo K9 we break down the steps of an informal heel by creating reward history along your side 30 feet at a time. We have creative techniques that aid your dog in understanding that the reward is with and getting where he wants to go is YOU!
- This class is a four-week course where you learn to communicate using your body, your voice, and your leash to express kindly to your dog where ya’ll want to go!
- We value the art of the “sniff” walk and will share that game so you learn how to use the environment to reward the dog when he wants to do what he wants to do! At RMK9 we take our dogs to sniff as a life reward.
- There is an art to walking a dog on a loose leash. Julie’s years of natural horsemanship will show you how to be an amazing handler.